How to Get a Job at Booz Allen Hamilton
At Empire Resume, we know how challenging it can be to start a new career after you’ve left military service. That’s why we specialize in creating military resumes that have helped thousands of Veterans transition to the civilian workforce.
We recommend you start your job search by checking out opportunities at those companies that have earned the distinction of being military and Veteran-friendly employers. One specific company on that list that’s worth your special attention is Booz Allen Hamilton.
For decades, this Fortune 100 company has delivered cybersecurity, analytic, engineering, A.I., and cloud-computing solutions to its list of high-profile clients including the U.S. government, the Department of Defense, and private corporations around the globe.
Should You Consider a Job at Booz Allen Hamilton?
Yes, you should consider a career at Booz Allen Hamilton, especially if you are a military Veteran. Not only does the prestigious firm have thousands of job openings waiting to be filled, but they are a top 10 Military Friendly® Employer. In order to receive that distinction, a company must show that they meet or exceed the strict criteria set forth by the Military Friendly Survey.
In addition to being pro-Veteran employer, Booz Allen Hamilton offers a generous compensation package. The median salary for an employee at the firm $94,000 per year. Plus, employees also receive:
- medical and dental insurance
- a matching 401(k) program
- paid time off
- training and mentorship opportunities
- tuition reimbursement
- paid parental leave
- paid holidays
If all this sounds good to you, then keep reading to find out how you can get a job at Booz Allen Hamilton.
Programs for Veterans at Booz Allen Hamilton
Your first step in getting a job at Booz Allen Hamilton is to learn more about the programs they have to incentivize talent from the military to join their organization. Checking out their Military Talent page is a good place to start.
Next, be sure to join their Talent Community. This will help you stay up to date on the firm’s job fairs, conferences, tech talks, and more. You may upload your resume if you like, and a recruiter will reach out to you if they have a role that matches your qualifications.
Also, be sure to look into the Mil/Tech Workforce Initiative. This program educates and trains Veterans on positions you may not have even considered before such as cloud engineer, penetration tester, digital analyst, cybersecurity technician, and many others.
Booz Allen Hamilton is also a founding partner of Hiring Our Heroes. This program provides Veterans and military spouses with on-the-job training, networking opportunities, skill-enhancement opportunities, and mentorships so they can more easily bridge the gap between military life and a successful civilian career.
Finally, you should consider attending one of their recruiting and networking events where you’ll have the opportunity to speak with a member of Booz Allen Hamilton’s dedicated military recruiting team. They are dedicated to guiding Veterans through the process of getting a job at Booz Allen Hamilton.
Best Practices for Landing a Job at Booz Allen Hamilton
While you’re pursuing any of the Veteran-centered programs above, be sure to also follow these best practices for landing a job at Booz Allen Hamilton.
- Update your resume. Civilian resumes are different than military resumes. At Empire Resume, we’ll make sure your resume is concise, results-focused, and ready to grab the attention of civilian recruiters.
- Network. Do you know someone who’s already working at Booz Allen Hamilton? If so, reach out to them and let them know you’re looking for a job there. Candidates that have an employee referral are four times more likely to be offered a job than candidates without a referral.
- Do your homework. Research the company you want to work for. Understand what their mission is and some of their history. Also, take note of any recent awards or accolades the company may have received.
- Practice your talking points. Your interviewer will want to know why you want to work at Booz Allen Hamilton. Also, be ready to tell him or her about how you can transfer the skills you learned in the military to your civilian career.
- Be aware of your body language. You want to enter the interview looking relaxed and confident. A warm smile, a firm handshake, good posture, and consistent eye contact all send the right message to your potential employer.
- Be prepared to ask questions. There’s no better way to show your interviewer that you are engaged than by asking questions. You could ask what traits would make someone successful in the role. Ask about an element of the corporate culture that you find interesting. Ask the interviewer what they enjoy about their job.
- Expect a virtual interview. Booz Allen Hamilton does conduct a virtual interview at
least one time during the entire interview process. Be sure you’re prepared for that experience.
Ready to Work at Booz Allen Hamilton?
Booz Allen Hamilton is among the best employers in the United States for Veterans. They want the skills and talents that Veterans offer within their organization.
And it’s not just lip service. They put their money where their mouth is by investing in recruitment programs, personnel, and training to attract members of the Veteran community.
If you’re a military Veteran, then you owe it to yourself to find out what Booz Allen Hamilton has to offer you.
Dr. Phillip Gold is President/CEO of Empire Resume and has vast experience writing resumes for both professionals and servicemembers transitioning from the military into civilian roles. He served as a Captain in the U.S. Air Force and was responsible for leading nuclear missile security. Phillip is a Certified Professional Resume Writer and holds a BA in Communications from The Ohio State University, an MS in Instructional Technology, an MBA in Finance, and a PhD in Finance.